Subject: NetBSD 1.5.2 Linksys PCMCIA problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2002 11:57:00
I have just installed the 1.5.2 NetBSD on my Compaq presario 12LX125
laptop.
During boot up, there is an indication that the network card is seen, but
then a message comes out indicating that the card has 'disappeared'.

Transcribed messages.

ne2 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x400-0x40f port 0x410-0x41f
ne2: Linksys Combo EthernetCard Ethernet
ne2: where di the card go?

I think it was in FreeBSD that I had to change some config file for the
label of the PC card or something to that effect. However, in NetBSD
it seems that the card is momentarily seen, and then something happens.

Does anyone have a answer for what to do to get the card useful to
NetBSD.

Thank You
John Clark