Subject: Re: Would NetBSD run on IBM RISC System/6000 ?
To: sfalken <sfalkenx@hotmail.com>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/09/2002 17:01:55
"sfalken" <sfalkenx@hotmail.com> writes:

>> > Here's the infos I got from the box and the web:
>> > IBM RISC System/6000 43P-133
>>
>> That's NetBSD/prep. Not much has been done with that
>> port for a while I think. I have one of those machines
>
>Barring NetBSD support, you might want to look at Yellowdog Linux, I know
>they were working on an RS/6000 port based on the 2.2/2.4 kernel series.

And, of course, AIX runs really ok on them :)
I don't think it would be too hard to get a "personal copy" of 4.3.x
or 5.1 on the net (if all fails, IIRC, he can order it for non-commercial
stuff at IBM for media-costs even, though it might involve fighting the
bureaucracy a bit...)
I'd really like to see NetBSD on the rs/6k, though...

--mkb