Subject: Re: what's the secret to installing KDE2 on 1.5.2?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2002 14:46:23
Richard Rauch wrote:

>Anyway, perhaps I wasn't clear.  I've noticed you're having trouble
>compiling with pkgsrc (read the rest of my message that you quote).  My
>point was that what I'm doing is *not* ``exactly what [you're] doing'': I
>do *not* have to ``re-reun configure 10 times'', etc.

I have tried pkgsrc with the latest version. No love there.

>Maybe I misunderstood you.  I took you to mean that you were giving up on
>pkgsrc and were manually compiling, and that you thought that that's what
>I was doing as well.  I'm not there.  I'm not even on that continent.
>(^&

I am now trying to do it manually (if you want something done right, do
it yourself). I can get QT to compile, but then there's my favorite
chore, getting the various KDE bundles to find QT and configure against
it. You wouldn't believe how many postings in the kde mail archives
there  are about this, and there seems to be no foolproof solution.