Subject: librep build breaks on gdbm
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2002 15:08:11
Hi,

Trying to build Galeon, stumbling at librep.  My pkgsrc tree is kept
up to date by sup and cron.

The librep build appears to want to use libtool with "gdbm", but
gdbm-1.8.0 has names like "libgdbm.*".  Is this an error in the
librep Makefile?

I don't really understand (as you can probably tell) what's broken
exactly or how to fix it.  I'd be very grateful if someone would
enlighten me or tell me what documementation I've overlooked.

Relevant information follows.  Thanks.

--jkl

# pkg_info -L gdbm; make
Information for gdbm-1.8.0:

Files:
/usr/pkg/include/gdbm.h
/usr/pkg/info/gdbm.info
/usr/pkg/lib/libgdbm.a
/usr/pkg/lib/libgdbm.la
/usr/pkg/lib/libgdbm.so
/usr/pkg/lib/libgdbm.so.2
/usr/pkg/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0
/usr/pkg/man/man3/gdbm.3

===> Building for librep-0.15.1
( cd src && /usr/pkg/bin/gmake repdoc )
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/pkgsrc/lang/librep/work/librep-0.15.1/src'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link cc  -o repdoc repdoc.o -lgdbm
cc -o repdoc repdoc.o  -lgdbm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgdbm: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [repdoc] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/pkgsrc/lang/librep/work/librep-0.15.1/src'
gmake: *** [src/repdoc] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1