Subject: Re: how do
To: None <jklowden@schemamania.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2002 06:35:41
--- "James K. Lowden" <jklowden@schemamania.org>

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/#adding-a-user

http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?adduser+8+NetBSD-current

> Example:
>
> # useradd -m shiratil
>
> will create a "shiratil" account, home directory,
> and a little bunch
> of configuration files for sh, csh, and such.
>
> --jkl

To add to the advice given above:

The short way to add a user is to (as root)

1. issue "useradd -m shiratil" (the -m creates a home
directory /home/shiratil)
2. passwd shiratil (which then prompts you to enter a
password for the user)

As far as I know, the user will not be able to login
until root sets a password (by default).

Have fun, you chose the best OS to learn unix in my
opinion.

Andy