Subject: Re: what's the secret to installing KDE2 on 1.5.2?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Linda Laubenheimer <ljl@rahul.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/05/2002 21:38:01
Richard Rauch wrote:

> I think that you (Paul) were using pkgsrc.  Linda was trying to avoid that
> by using precompiled binaries.

But even when I gave up and used pkgsrc, it took forever, and kept
barfing due to weird dependency issues.  It still doesn't work right,
so I think I'll just reinstall everything from scratch, keep better
logs, and not bother with the precompiled crap.  It will probably
still barf, but sooner or later they'll fix it, especially if I keep
the compile logs and report the bugs... ;)

					Linda
--
Linda J Laubenheimer - UNIX Geek, Sysadmin, Bibliophile and Iconoclast
http://www.modusvarious.net/ - consultants available