Subject: Re: what's the secret to installing KDE2 on 1.5.2?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Linda Laubenheimer <ljl@rahul.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2002 22:40:36
Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Linda Laubenheimer <ljl@rahul.net> wrote:
>
> > If your other user can get their mail in a terminal window,
> > that works.  But I didn't have netscape installed yet - it
> > was waiting on KDE...
>
> Huh?  Since when does netscape depend on KDE?  Or did I misunderstand
> something?  I just don't see the connection...

It doesn't.  But I hadn't installed it yet, because I was still
fighting with KDE... and I didn't want to risk crashing the box
several hours into the compile by installing Netscrape at the
same time.  Yeah, probably paranoia, but by that time I was a
little bit frazzled, a little bit sleep deprived, and a lot
unhappy.

I have seldom had to fight so much with any box as this one.  I
am starting to call it Murphy!

					Linda
--
Linda J Laubenheimer - UNIX Geek, Sysadmin, Bibliophile and Iconoclast
http://www.modusvarious.net/ - consultants available