Subject: 3C515
To: Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Micha Borrmann <borrmann@tuts.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2002 00:35:20
Hello,

I try to work with such ISA network card. I'm using NetBSD 1.5.2 (i386)
with the default kernel (shipped with 1.5.2).

But I can't use the card. I only get

isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: ISA Plug 'n Play device support
npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0-0xff: using exception 16
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2
isapnp0: read port 0x203
isapnp0: <3Com Fast EtherLink ISA, TCM5051, , > port 0x280/32 irq 5 drq 3 not configured

at boot time. I've checked google, and on
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&threadm=fa.n8pfl6v.1n400b0%40ifi.uio.no&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D3c515%2Bnot%2Bconfigured%26hl%3Dde%26rnum%3D2%26selm%3Dfa.n8pfl6v.1n400b0%2540ifi.uio.no
I found a statement, that this card don't work with *BSD. There is an
error message similar to the error message at my own machine. But I've
also red
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=3C515+netbsd&hl=de&rnum=3&selm=fa.kbq166v.q5e98k%40ifi.uio.no
and http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/isa.html and the 3C515 network card
should be running with NetBSD.

What can I do, to connect my PC with these network card?

TIA,
Micha

--
quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est