Subject: Re: Very slow disk.
To: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/03/2002 00:36:29
> > (Sorry for not getting back to you for a couple of days.  I should
> > probably add to my .signature, ``Please CC directly to me if replying
> > to me on a mailing list.''  (^&)
>
> Others do not like to get messages twice ;).

I know.  It's hard to be sure which is best in any given situation.  (But
if I put the note in my .signature, there would be no doubt.  (^&)

> > It's true that my system isn't under heavy load.  (Is that CPU load,
> > or I/O load---or both or either?)
>
> For the specific problem any intensive PCI usage should show the
> effects.

Hm.  I've been pondering what to make of this message.  Perhaps I should
just get a new motherboard and transplant everything...  I suppose that
I'll hold off at least until summer, though.  I'm not putting the machine
through very intensive work, right now...