Subject: sysinst and scripting
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/10/2001 10:01:46
Yesterday I tried to use the scripting feature of sysinst the first time
and it doesn't work. The first problem seems to be the following lines:

=2E..
cat <<EOF >/etc/resolv.conf
;
; BIND data file
; Created by NetBSD sysinst on Mon Jul 23 14:20:30 2001
;
nameserver 149.217.50.120
search mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de
/sbin/ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1=20
=2E..

There is an EOF missing after "search ...", right?

Next problem was that comp.tgz wasn't found by the script. I will check
what the reason for this was but what I really don't understand are the
next lines:

=2E..
/sbin/newfs /dev/rsd1g=20
wheel:*:0:root
daemon:*:1:daemon
kmem:*:2:root
sys:*:3:root
tty:*:4:root
=2E..

How does sh know where to put the userinfo? Is there something missing
before "wheel ..."?

=09Regards
=09J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg