Subject: Re: Unable to run mozilla
To: Sung N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/17/2001 19:09:09
Sung N. Cho writes:

>Mozilla puts out following error:
>bash-2.05$ Shared object "libnspr4.so" not found

Please browse the netbsd-bugs archive for some problems with Galeon
(a Mozilla frontend) where the same issue was reported.
I remember someone saying that this was a bug in the Makefile for
the pkgsrc entry and probably fixed already.  The workaround is
to specify a preload path to Mozilla's libraries, like starting
it with
	$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla mozilla

>2) NetBSD locksup after a while when I start X using xdm from
>/etc/rc.conf.  I am using GNOME but GNOME freezes after some time has
>passed when X was started using xdm.  Anyone knows a fix for this?

Do you accidentally have a getty running on the same console as xdm?

--mkb