Subject: Re: Kernel config confusion
To: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@home.com>
From: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/2001 13:56:10
if there the card is not listed in the boot messages (see dmesg), then
it's settings may not agree with your kernel settings. The GENERIC
kernel (1.5.2) has

  we0     at isa? port 0x280 iomem 0xd0000 irq 9  # WD/SMC Ethernet
  we1     at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xcc000 irq 10

which I think is the device for the SMC 8003 family.

If this is the case, then you can either change the card settings to
match the kernel config, or visa-versa(?)

Rex

--
Rex McMaster