Subject: Help creating a package
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryanxms@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/10/2001 23:58:34
Hello,

I have a very simple Open Source utility which I would like to create a
NetBSD package for.  The utility would contain only a single binary, single
rc file, single man page and single "sample" rc file.  I'm having a little
bit of a head-spin reading the man page for pkg_create(1) and I haven't
been able to find a HOWTO on the 'Net.  Can anyone offer me some tips for
quickstarting this process?  I have experience building RPM's on Linux.

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryanxms at ecst dot csuchico dot edu       Support the American Red Cross
# Software Engineer                               http://www.redcross.org