Subject: Antialiased font problem with XFCE 3.8.10 and XFree 4.1.0 on
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2001 20:25:42
On my ThinkPad T22 I have just installed NetBSD 1.5.2-i386 with the recent
XFree4.1.0 snapshot by Stone Elipot. I have also compiled and installed
XFCE 3.8.10 with the necessary prerequisites installed from pkgsrc.

Having enabled Xft because I like antialiased fonts, I am facing an odd
problem. Window titles, menu items, and other text that should be
antialiased does not appear until I move the cursor over it. It then
remains visible until the window is updated, then it flickers and
disappears. When I open a new window, the title appears in a flicker then
is erased.

As people appear to have no problems on other platforms with XFCE and Xft,
it seems it must be something in my installation or configuration. I don't
know very much (in fact very little) about XFree and Xft configuration, so
I hope this is a simple problem, which someone more knowing can quickly
spot the solution to.

-Lasse