Subject: problems with union fs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: de SAINT LEGER Rodolphe <rslr@free.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/2001 15:28:45
Hi

I have actually some troubles using the union filesystem,
I need to export it or to mount a union aver an nfs dir.

The machine that will use the share are:
a sparc under NetBSD-1.5.2 (the server), an amiga 2000 under
NetBSD-1.5.2, a SGI Indy under IRIX 6.5.7, an HPPA HP/712 60 under
HP-UX-11.20 and an i386 laptop.

I want to export /usr/pkgsrc, /usr/src, /usr/xsrc read only,
Modifications take places in /usr/sharesrc/pkgsrc, /usr/sharesrc/src,
/usr/sharesrc/xsrc

these 3 directory are mounted with the following entry in the fstab:
/usr/pkgsrc     /usr/sharesrc/pkgsrc    union rw,-b 0 0
/usr/src        /usr/sharesrc/src       union rw,-b 0 0
/usr/xsrc       /usr/sharesrc/xsrc      union rw,-b 0 0

the entries in the export files are the following
/usr/pkgsrc /usr/src /usr/xsrc /usr/doc -ro -public -mapall=nobody
/usr/sharesrc -network 192.168.31.0/28 -maproot=2:9

when I start mountd, I've got the following error:
Can't delete exports for /usr/sharesrc/pkgsrc
Can't delete exports for /usr/sharesrc/src
Can't delete exports for /usr/sharesrc/xsrc

I tried also to mount /usr/sharesrc/pkgsrc over /usr/pkgsrc (and I
remove the -b option) with the same result (this time, I exported
/usr/pkgsrc rw)

I tried to mount a union at the client side, but I got no success

any Ideas ???

--
de SAINT LEGER Rodolphe