Subject: Re: realtek-nic problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Lingott <frank@lugh.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2001 23:02:49
Matthias Pretzer wrote:
> =

> * Frank Lingott [29.09.2001]:
> =

Hi,
thanks for all replys to my question.
> =

> There was an email in this list this month, saying that the 8139c
> wouldn't work with the NetBSD driver. Quote:
> =

I received this email.Unfortunately i didn=B4t remember it.
There are 2 realtek cards on my W2k-box,one 8139a and one 8139c.
Guess which one i was moving to my NetBSD-box.
Yes,the "c" that doesn=B4t work on NetBSD.Well,where is my screwdriver?

Another question:

This is taken from
http://www.realtek.com.tw/htm/products/cn/rtl8139c.htm

                          Software Support =

                                On-board EEPROM (93C46) Programming Tool =

                                Setup/Diagnostic Program for DOS =

                                Diagnostic tools for Windows(95, 98, NT,
2000) =

                                NDIS2 (DOS, OS/2, LANtastic, WFW3.1...) =

                                NDIS3, NDIS4, NDIS5 for Win95, 98,
NT3.1, 3.5x, 4.0, 2000, WFW3.11 =

                                NetWare 16-bit ODI driver for DOS, OS/2
and 32-bit ODI driver for NetWare 3.x, 4.x, 5.0 Server =

                                Packet driver for UNIX Client =

                                UnixWare 7.0 =

                                Linux driver =

                                SCO Unix driver =

                                MAC driver =

                                Real-time OS driver support =

                                Microsoft Windows CE driver =

                                QNX driver =

                                Free BSD =

                                Macintosh Mac OS 8.x/9.x =

                                Help Utility for Easy Installation =

                                Support DMI =

                                RPL Boot ROM for Novell NetWare,
Microsoft NT =

                                PXE Boot ROM(Ver0.99, Ver2.0) =

                                Flash Programming Tool =

                                Test Program for Mass Production =

there is an linux-driver and also Free BSD and solaris driver for
download.
Maybe we should ask realtek about NetBSD support?

regards

Frank