Subject: Re: Problems with TWM on a GeForce2?
To: Marc Sernatinger <msernatinger@hotmail.com>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/29/2001 01:51:51
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Marc Sernatinger wrote:

> Try as I might, I have been unable to determine the source of my problems,
> as simple as they may be. I am, indeed, a netbsd newbod, so most any of my
> problems will be pretty simple ones, I hope. Basically my problem is that I
> experience various glitches and artifacts when I start my X server. I use
> the default window manager TWM, and among other problems, if I try to click
> on the root window to bring up the menu, the options on the menu do not
> become visible until I pass the mouse over the point where the options
> SHOULD be. Other than that, running xvidtune causes artifacts to pop up all
> over the screen (making the program unusable, as I can see nothing of it).

I don't remember the solution to this (I had it, someone did suggest it),
but this sounds exactly like what I experienced when I tried to run
X server as root user. Could this be the problem?

For me, X did exactly the above as root, but worked normally as some
other normal user. There might be something on the netbsd-help archives
around March or April, perhaps.

--
Arto Huusko (arto.huusko@utu.fi)  | Diving Is Fun