Subject: Problems with TWM on a GeForce2?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Sernatinger <msernatinger@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/28/2001 15:17:35
Try as I might, I have been unable to determine the source of my problems,
as simple as they may be. I am, indeed, a netbsd newbod, so most any of my
problems will be pretty simple ones, I hope. Basically my problem is that I
experience various glitches and artifacts when I start my X server. I use
the default window manager TWM, and among other problems, if I try to click
on the root window to bring up the menu, the options on the menu do not
become visible until I pass the mouse over the point where the options
SHOULD be. Other than that, running xvidtune causes artifacts to pop up all
over the screen (making the program unusable, as I can see nothing of it).

What could be the source of these graphics issues? I assumed it might be
because my video card (a GeForce2 manufactured by Hercules) is not supported
so I had to "wing it" so to speak. Is there anything I am failing to see or
do at this point? It's a rather pitiful reason to be set back, I think.