Subject: troubleshooting with Qpopper standalone
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?CRESTIN_Fr=E9d=E9ric?= <fcrestin@lexsi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/26/2001 11:32:28
Hi all,

I was using Qpopper in my inetd configuration file, and it was working =
well.

But now, I would like to use it in a standalone version. After =
compiling it
(with success), configuring it, and launch the=20
daemon, it could not work properly. When I Telnet to the port I get =
those
messages :

>telnet 127.0.0.1 110
+Ok ready
Sep 25 12:58:02 seattle /usr/pkg/libexec/qpopper[26428]: (null) at =
localhost
(127.0.0.1): -ERR POP EOF or I/O Error
-ERR POP EOF or I/O Error
+Ok Pop Server at 10.0.1.1 signing off

does somebody can help me ???

thanks in advance.

I have a last question: what are other good POP3 Servers running on =
NetBSD,
able to do POP3S (SSL) ?

Vincent LUET
LEXSI - Laboratoire d'Expertise en S=E9curit=E9 Informatique

Fr=E9d=E9ric CRESTIN
Expert S=E9curit=E9

LEXSI - Laboratoire d'Expertise en S=E9curit=E9 Informatique
email: fcrestin@lexsi.com
tel:   +33.1.55.86.82.08