Subject: Re: NetbSD 1.5.2/i386: Compiling STATE TOP facility for IPFilter ?
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?CRESTIN_Fr=E9d=E9ric?= <fcrestin@lexsi.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/24/2001 08:58:07
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, CRESTIN Fr=E9d=E9ric wrote:

> =09dist/ipf/fils.c=09=09=09=09=091.11
> =09usr.sbin/ipf/ipfstat/Makefile=09=09=091.14
> =09usr.sbin/ipf/Makefile.inc=09=09=091.8
>
> =09  Enable ``top''-like running state display in ``ipfstat''.
> =09  Fixes PR#13404.
>
> But, there are no such files in Kernel sources (i386 specific and Common,
> for Release-1.5 and Current collections). And "ipfstat -t" is not working=
=2E..

"ipfstat" is not in the kernel sources -- the kernel sources are just
the sources to build the _kernel_ (and the bootblocks). The paths
above are relative to ${BSDSRCDIR}, that is, "/usr/src" or wherever
else you put your _complete_ sources.

> So, I'd like to know how to compile this function, and why a change writt=
en
> in CHANGES is false (not even in 'LAST MINUTE').

"It works for me". NetBSD-1.5.2 is a complete system, with security
fixes to telnetd and other things, not just a kernel. If you really
want to build only "ipf" userland binaries, you could use anoncvs to
checkout "basesrc/dist/ipf" and "basesrc/usr.sbin/ipf" and "make
includes dependall && make install" in the latter, but I suggest it'd
be less trouble in the long run to download the remaining source sets
(at least src.tgz, sharesrc.tgz, and gnusrc.tgz) and do a "make build"
from the top.

Frederick