Subject: Re: sendmail -- All my network files here
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/22/2001 23:09:14
On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 4:47 PM, Gan Starling
<mailto:oinkfreebiker@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>U.S. Robotics 56K FAX EXT Settings...
>
>   B0  E1  F1  M1  Q0  V1  X4  Y0
>   BAUD=9600  PARITY=N  WORDLEN=8
>   DIAL=TONE    ON HOOK   CID=0
>
>   &A3  &B1  &C1  &D2  &G0  &H1  &I0  &K1
>   &M4  &N0  &P0  &R2  &S0  &T5  &U0  &Y1

Try this for
FILE /etc/ppp/peers/att.chat

REPORT ERROR
REPORT BUSY
REPORT CONNECT
ABORT ERROR
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIAL"
TIMEOUT 15
"" +++ATZH0!!
OK "AT&FH0M0E0X4W2Y1&S1&D3"
OK ATH0DTW999-999-9999
TIMEOUT 50
CONNECT ""
TIMEOUT 25
}  ""

## EOF

FILE /etc/ppp/peers/att
connect '/etc/ppp/chat '
tty01 115200                    # modem port and speed
lock                            # lock the modem port on connect
modem                           # use full modem control
crtscts                         # use hardware flow control
mtu 1500                        # maximum transmission size for link
mru 1500                        # maximum receive size for link
noauth                          # do not require peer to authenticate
defaultroute                    # add default routing when link comes up
noipdefault                     # no local defaults for IP addresses
ipcp-accept-local               # allow remote to specify our IP address
ipcp-accept-remote              # allow remote to specify his IP address
lcp-echo-interval 15            # ping the remote every 15 seconds
lcp-echo-failure 20             # declare link down after 20 pings fail
netmask 255.255.255.255         # netmask for our assigned IP address
domain worldnet.att.net         # domain name we're connecting into
user 660176626@worldnet.att.net # account name to use to log onto remote
usepeerdns

## and remove the asyncmap entry from options.
## EOF

Note that you can place all ppp/options in the ppp/peers/att file.

gateway4.att.net != gateway4.worldnet.att.net ?

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.
 NetBSD runs on  44 different system architectures featuring 16
 distinct families of CPUs.   http://www.netbsd.org/