Subject: Re: sendmail -- All my network files here
To: Gan Starling <MisteraSturno@worldnet.att.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/21/2001 23:42:15
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Gan Starling wrote:
> Anything else anybody wants to know, I will go in search of it.
> Thanks,

Well I was interested in your PPP configuration files... everything in
/etc/ppp except for the "secrets" file containing your password. Kinda
sounds like your modem flow control isn't being set correctly, and
you're overflowing the buffer in the modem when you send a lot of data.

Maybe try doing:
ping -s 1000 gateway4.att.net

and if that works, ping -s 2000 gateway4.att.net, and if that works,
keep increasing the number until it stops working, or you get to
something fairly huge, like 20000 or so.

I don't know if you have an ftp site you can upload to, but if you do,
try uploading a file that's larger than 2K.

I'm guessing that you can't send any significant amount of data--it's
nothing specific to sending email.