Subject: Re: Mails bounced
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/21/2001 11:30:38
Hi,

that happended to me some time ago. I used an iname account and
a cable tv/internet(?) provider.

I got one bounce message that clearly showed the configuration of
my provider was bad. (That is nothing special, to my experience
many cabel tv providers that offer internet access do a bad job, at
least the UPC companies in europe - see this as a warning if you
are looking for a broadband access network) Allthough the bounce
showed that the message was received by the smtp server of the
provider and the smtp serever tried to forward it to another
(internal) server that did not exist, the tech(?) support did not
understand it and I was not allowed to talk to a more experienced
person (assuming such exists somewhere at this provider).

But it looks like sometimes iname has problems too. In the last days
I got several reports of over tight virus scanning and resulting denies
of correct mail traffic. (that is eg. a  - message denied because it
contains an attachment "readme.exe" - where the message did not
contain such).

mike