Subject: sendmail
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/20/2001 23:35:06
Okay, someone said I would do better with sendmail versus
KMail's SMTP. So I went to the NetBSD Guide, Chap 11. Did
all there. So I "send" a message with either KMail or
Communicator and SMTP exchanged for SENDMAIL in the
configs.

Then, later, since I'm not on-line 24-7, I do this...

# sendmail -q -v

...just like on NetBSD Guid, Chap 11.5. And I get this...

Running /var/spool/mqueue/f8K2ioW12265 (sequence 1 of 2)
f8k2ioW12265: locked

Running /var/spool/mquelf8KOsAU12137 (sequence 2 of 2)
misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway5.att.net.
via estmp...
misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway3.att.net.
via estmp...
misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway4.att.net.
via estmp...
misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway1.att.net.
via estmp...

misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway2.att.net.
via estmp...
misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway6.att.net.
via estmp...
misterasturno@att.net... Connecting to gateway8.att.net.
via estmp...
misterasturno@att.net... Deferred: Connection timed out
with gateway8.att.net

...which makes me wonder, first, why might it not have
sent? and how did it know that my base account for AT&T
is "misterasturno" when I had configured aliases for the
account "oinkfreebiker"? Know that I have five separate
e-mail accounts on AT&T.

I also installed "mutt". Mutt seems to work fine. Once I
configure it for a larger font, I suppose that it will
work pretty well. I'll try sending mail from mutt later.

Oh -- when I said I didn't configure much on the install
of KDE, I meant that I didn't dive into stuff like
/etc/blah/blah.cfg or any such. I did, of course, have to
supply the regular things. Which I foolishly thought was
obvious from the fact that I COULD send short emails.

Thanks,

Gan

--
Mysterious Starling -- Rarest