Subject: Re: Hardware support
To: None <reckhardt@reckhardt.f2s.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/20/2001 09:43:15
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 reckhardt@reckhardt.f2s.com wrote:

> I=B4m a linux user, but I=B4m thinking about migrating to a bsd OS, I tri=
ed FreeBSD
> and OpenBSD, but with both of them I could not use my MegaHerzt XJEM 3288
> multifunction PCMCIA card. I noticed on you website that NetBSD supports =
the
> XJEM 3336. I would like to know if you have ever seen the XJEM 3288 work =
under
> NetBSD. And if so, if I could use it during the installation process, sin=
ce
> that=B4s the only way I have to get files from the internet.

What you could do, is download the bootlap1.fs and bootlap2.fs
floppies, make the them with "dd" on your linux box, and see if your
network card shows up. Just choose "configure network" from the menu
that appears, fill in the blanks, and if it successfully pings your
gateway, it's probably going to work. If your setup permits it, you
could even download the remaining sets from within the installer menu.

Frederick