Subject: Re: smpt error -- Can't send long apology
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2001 16:57:15
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 oinkfreebiker@att.net wrote:

> But of course, none of those are suitable either. Nothing is ever
> suitable until I have gone out and spent another fifty dollars on yet
> another Unix book or read twenty pages from half a dozen docs on the
> web.

You seem to have the idea that an extremely free operating system,
developed and supported largely by volunteers, ought to be exactly what
you want -- or else that those volunteers will make it what you want. If
you want good free help from people who work on this stuff just because
they love it, you'd do well to consider how your attitude might sound to
them. Also consider that several people have attempted to help you anyway.

- Amitai