Subject: Re: smpt error -- Can't send long apology
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2001 19:42:06
Jerremy,

> How are you trying to cut-and-paste in Communicator?
> Did you try selecting the text and then
> "middle-clicking" into the message box?

Silly me, no. I first thought to try highlighting
the text in KDE, clicking on COPY in KDE and looking for
PASTE to un-grey in Communicator. You know, like the
simple, normal, multi-platform GUI way? Like in Windows,
(if memory serves) and even my twelve-year-old Amiga.

Then it dawned on me that just because the ap has this
button that says "copy" or "paste" doesn't mean that I
can actually copy or paste with it. Those were just for
decoration. Silly me.

Then, just for grins, I next tried CTRL-C/V and when that
didn't work I next tried ALT-C/V.

But of course, none of those are suitable either. Nothing
is ever suitable until I have gone out and spent another
fifty dollars on yet another Unix book or read twenty
pages from half a dozen docs on the web.

Alas and alak,

Gan

--
Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _

Newbie-2-Newbie NetBSD Unix How-To Pages at...
http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_index.html