Subject: Re: Network Cards Hassles.
To: Lloyd Lowe <lloydl@cat.co.za>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2001 16:18:11
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:32:17AM +0200, Lloyd Lowe wrote:
> My Network Card is a Realtek 8139. The Device installed is a rtk0. I have created a file ifconfig.rtk0 and this has been placed in the /etc dir with the appropriate IP and Netmask. This file for some reason under NetBSD is not starting but if i run "ifconfig rtk0 inet (IP) netmask (SUBNET) it works. This is not the only problem, The gateway isn't being automatically setup either. I have to run "route add defualt (IP)". this seems like a global problem but where can i start.
>
> Many thanks
> Lloyd

Remember to have something like the following in your /etc/rc.conf:

auto_ifconfig=YES

or

auto_ifconfig=NO
net_interfaces='rtk0'

I myself use the latter. Without it I doubt the creation
of the file ifconfig.rtk0 helps much, not sure though. If
it doesn't work, check your rc.conf ;)

Martin Weber.
--
1984 is NOW