Subject: smpt error -- Can't send long apology
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2001 00:10:37
I can't send my apology because it is over two thousand characters in length.
It took me over three hours of trial and error to figure that out. And it
isn't just KMail. I also can't send it with Konqueror directly via the AT&T
Webmail site.

On Konqueror I get "Request timed out." when trying to send my 2k-plus char
long apology.

I have often sent long emails on Netscape on Win98. Twelve years ago, on my
7.14 MHz Commodore Amiga with 5MB RAM on a 2400 Baud modem I used to send
long emails via Compuserve. I don't understand how 2k chars can be a limit on
my 700 MHz Celeron with 256K RAM and 56K modem unless it must have something
to do with the OS.

Regards,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA