Subject: Audio with EnsoniqPCI (NetBSD 1.5.1)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard L Dery <dickdery@teleport.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/2001 16:34:03
My personal standard for an OS is that it should allow me to do three things:
 1.Surf the 'net.
 2. Print to my HP820 Winprinter
 3.Play audio CDs.
I've been able to do all three of these on Win95 and Linux. My NetBSD 1.5.1
installation doesn't want to play CDs.
 I have a Creative Labs' EnsoniquePCI sound card in my trusty old multiOS
P166. When I run xmcd I can see the timer running so I know the CD is being
detected.
I have used xmixer(xmix?) and xmmixer(xmmix?). and have the 'master' and
"CD' controls set to maximum volume. The same is true for the volume control
on xmcd. I know the connections are good because I use xmcd under Debian
Linux on the same machine.The  libcdaudio package is also installed. The
/dev/audio* files are ugo+rw.
'dmesg|more' shows that the card is recognized and apparently configured.

What am I missing?

Thank you

Richard L Dery