Subject: Re: xsrc & freetype
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/2001 11:46:05
Changing host.def to

#define UseFreetype2            YES
#define BuildFreetype2Library   NO
#define HasFreetype2            YES
#define Freetype2Dir            /usr/local

and adding -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include all over the place
finally got everything to compile, but now I have a strange symptom:
I can start xdm, log in, all OK for a few minutes especially if I only have
one xterm open, then CPU usage by XFree shoots to 98% and after 20mins or so
it's still there. You loose all the displays, but can happily log in over
the net. Killing X, restarting X etc. doesn't help. (no getty running there
etc) Just randomly did a ktrace of the stuck process, and just got EMUL
"netbsd".

Any ideas where to look? (Building XFree with symbols now..)

Cheers,

Patrick