Subject: smtp error
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/17/2001 21:39:36
Hello,

On my ThinkPad with KDE2 installed, I get this error from KMail on sending a
message:

Sending failed:
a SMTP error occured.
Command: <body>
Response: network error
Return code: 0

The following transport protocol was used:
smtp://mailhost.worldnet.att.net:25

The MARC AIM mailing list archive turns up nothing on this. The part about
is that I got off one or two messages before this started happening. I don't
recall making any changes to KMail, or to /etc/ppp. I had gotten a similar
hangup on KDE1 on this same ThinkPad on this same PCMCIA modem: it had worked
to send SMTP, then it got the <body> error, then it would not send any more.

Does the above error mean anything to anybody? Got any clues where to look?

Thanks,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA