Subject: DISTDIR=? in /etc/mk.conr
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2001 11:12:04
Since I've got myself a little network now, can I somehow say in /etc/mk.conf
files of any little, old, slow machines that they must look for DISTDIR in
/usr/pkgsrc_distfiles on the big, new, fast machine via Ethernet?

So, like, where it now says...

DISTDIR=/usr/pkgsrc_distfiles

...on the little, old, slow machines on NetBSD much the same as I can say in
*.bat files on WinNT. Below is an example for WinNT, where CAVE_OF_WONDERS is
just a variable name I made up and \\ALPHA\c\blah\blah\ points to the
directory C:\blah\blah on the WinNT machine I have chosen to call ALPHA...

C> call set CAVE_OF_WONDERS=\\ALPHA\c\blah\blah\

...then later in the *.bat file I could call up file README.TXT from machine
ALPHA and display it in notpad on machine CHARLIE like so (when put into a
*.bat file which is run on CHARLIE)...

C> notepad %CAVE_OF_WONDERS%README.TXT

Knowing how to embed a redirect like that in /etc/mk.conf on NetBSD (surely
one can) will save me an all-day ftp.

Thanks,

Gan Starling