Subject: Magiclan SWL-2000P wi again...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Cernohorsky <cerno@ics.muni.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/13/2001 16:41:45
Dear NetBSDers,

please accept my apologies if the question is stupid, but I have
not much knowledge about modern day hardware...
I've tried to boot NetBSD-1.5X kernel on a machine which contains
a Samsung Magiclan SWL-2000P wireless card I've asked about earlier.
The relevant lines from boot log are following:

  pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
  pcic0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: Cirrus Logic PD6729 PCMCIA controller
  pcic0: controller 0 (Cirrus PD672X) has sockets A and B
  pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has no sockets
  pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
  pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
  pcic0: using irq 3 for socket events
  wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: SAMSUNG, 11Mbps WLAN PCI Card, Version 01.01
  wi0: port 0x400-0x43fpcmcia0: card irq 4
   802.11 address 00:02:78:e0:03:b6
  wi0: using RF:PRISM2 MAC:HFA3841 CARD:HWB3163 rev.A ,Firmware: 0.7
  variant 5

However, when the card is configured via ifconfig, it responds
with kernel error messages

  pcmcia0: card irq 4
  wi0: device timeout

(and does not communicate with the network).  Some linux person using
this type of card told me, that the chipset on the card needs 3.3 V
voltage supply instead of the standard 5 V and that it should be
accomplished by software means by the driver.  Can anyone hint me...?

Many thanks,

	cerno

--
Martin Cernohorsky