Subject: Re: Using route -interface modifier
To: Claude Marinier <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/2001 10:24:30
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Claude Marinier wrote:

> May I suggest that you not trust the installation on the system. Get hold
> of a distribution CD set and do a fresh installation. The installation CD
> is bootable. The CD set is inexpensive; it used to cost $70 (us).

Really, my goal is to run NetBSD; I just wanted to spend a few minutes
(maybe hours) exploring the SunOS 5 hierarchy, config files, boot scripts,
et cetera for education[1]. Plus I wanted to back up any manual pages, and
miscellaneous scripts before I wasted the system. I don't plan on running
SunOS on it and I definitely don't trust the current installation (but
thanks for the reminder which reminds me to firewall it from the real
world and my important systems on the lan).

I am sure with all the time I have wasted with this, NetBSD would have
been all installed and running :)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/

[1] Sometimes, I receive quick Solaris jobs which mostly involve regular
open source software like BIND or sendmail. I just want to be prepared for
miscellaneous SunOS work by being more familiar with the system.