Subject: Re: KDM locks up everything
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/11/2001 23:21:45
I have this suspicion regarding a certain tarball...

freetype-lib-1.3.1.tar.gz

...which failed checksum on 'make' of KDE2. I could not
find another identical out there -- not the *.tar-gz so I
had stopped and did this...

pkg_add freetype-lib-1.3.1.tgz

...at that point to get 'make' to go on. And 'make' liked
it, it seemed. Now, what with my crash problem, I am
suspicious that even though it was the exact same
version, "1.3.1", that doing a 'pkg_add' after a 'stop'
of 'make' to fulfill a dependency may not have been such
a bright idea.

I would like to try to re-'make' KDE2, this time with a
right and proper 'freetype-lib-1.3.1.tar.gz'. But I can't
find one, not a *.tar.gz, but only more *.tgz.

If I should indeed re-make. Can somebody upload a
*.tar.gz (one that will pass checksum) where I could
download it?

Thanks,

Gan

--
Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _

Newbie-2-Newbie NetBSD Unix How-To Pages at...
http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_index.html