Subject: KDE2 pkg errors & help request
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2001 22:38:18
I have a report and a request:

REPORT: Encountered two errors during my install of KDE2
from pkgsrc on i386:

This tarball could not be found by "make fetch-list"...

lesstif-0.92.32.tar.gz

...because it has been upgraded to a new version and
copies of the old version moved to "obsolete" archives. I
overcame by hunting for it on GOOGLE.COM and installing
it in manually.

This tarball failed the CRC, and when told to ignore,
hung up on "make"...

freetype-lib-1.3.1.tar.gz

...and I overcame it by installing from my old Wasabi 1.5
CD set.

So...now "make" and "make install" ran without errors on
my i386 on KDE2. So...I guess that it is installed.

Anybody got some clues for me on how to configure it? Is
it like KDE1 which I still have on my laptop? I could
poke around in there and do similar things, if so. All
the docs that came with KDE2 look to be mostly for linux.
I'm just a little lost...

Thanks to Bruce and Jasper for all their help. I'm
re-writing my how-to to show what went on with the KDE2
install. But it isn't ready to include in the menu with
the others yet.

Regards,

Gan

--
Mysterious Starling -- Rarest Extinct Bird
     _

http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_index.html