Subject: book (was Re: pkg_delete not complete)
To: Frank Lingott <frank@lugh.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2001 14:19:34
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Frank Lingott wrote:

> Off-Topic: Can you tell us more about the book ?

I've been working on a beginner's book for NetBSD, covering general steps
on installing NetBSD, familiarity with the shell, basic configurations,
using X, using the packages (and pkgsrc) collection, etc.

(It will also be a great book for introducing open source Unix and BSD in
general, but using NetBSD for the examples.)

It will be less than one-hundred pages long; and since it is covering such
a wide-variety of topics, it will not go into great detail. Anyways this
is good, because the whole focus is to be "friendly" as possible.

Hopefully, I can convince my wife to use the book to begin learning and
using open source :)

The book will be completed in a few months and should be available in
February. (The publisher is Wasabi Systems[1].)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/

[1] That reminds me: The only operating systems CDs I saw at the huge
University Bookstore in north Seattle (by UW) were the Wasabi Systems'
NetBSD 1.5 set. (I didn't see any BSD books or Linux CDs.)