Subject: RTL 8139c support in NetBSD 1.5
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Chu <brian@trendware.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2001 12:49:21
Hi,

We have a customer who just contacted and informed us that Realtec RTL8139c
chipset does not function under NetBSD 1.5. Our customer used to get
10/100Mbps PCI card with RTL8139b chipset, it was working perfectly under
NetBSD but unfortunately Realtec has discontinued RTL8139b chipset.

We manufacture a variety of PC networking product. One of our current
10/100Mbps PCI cards, TE100-PCIWA, is based on Realtec RTL8139c chipset.

Do you have any information regarding this situation? Perhaps, we can
contact the author who developed the NetBSD driver for RTL8139a (or
RTL8139b) chipset. Do you have author's contact information?

Thank you for your attention.

Brian Chu
Director of Technology
Ext.: 106

TRENDware International Inc.
Maker of TRENDnet Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet Product
3135 Kashiwa Street
Torrance, CA 90505, USA
Tel: (310) 891-1100
Fax: (310) 891-1111