Subject: Re: Got it installed
To: Phil Reynolds <phil@tinsleyviaduct.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2001 05:45:38
> > Sounds like it's trying to mount the floppy as an FFS volume.  I assume
> > that, since you're using a PC, you want to use an MS-DOS filesystem?  If
> > the floppy disk is already formatted, you should just need to tell mount
> > which filesystem to use.  (Use something like ``mount -t msdos /dev/fd0a
> > /mnt'', I think.)
>
> I've tried mounting it as both ffs and msdos... no dice.
>
> Trying as msdos gives "invalid argument", trying as ffs gives "incorrect
> super block".
>
> > I assume/hope that the INSTALL kernel took care of your problems with the
> > keyboard, though.  Yes?  One problem down?
>
> Until I can get the floppy mounted, I can't tell.

(blink)

I think that I see the problem.  Are you trying to mount the installation
floppy?  If so, it would have helped immensely to include that one little
word, ``installation''...  Concise has its points, but no one can read
your mind.

Anyway, I don't think that mounting the install disk should be necessary.
(Or normally possible...)  Try booting from the install floppy and looking
at / to see if you have the /netbsd file.  If so, you've got it already,
and should be able to just copy it to your hard disk, after mounting the
hard disk.