Subject: Re: Got it installed
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Phil Reynolds <phil@tinsleyviaduct.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2001 10:12:51
On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 08:24:55PM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
>  [I suggest trying a pc0-using kernel, such as the INSTALL kernel]

> > ... hmmm... it seems I can't mount the floppy! It complains about the
> > superblock when I try.
>
> Sounds like it's trying to mount the floppy as an FFS volume.  I assume
> that, since you're using a PC, you want to use an MS-DOS filesystem?  If
> the floppy disk is already formatted, you should just need to tell mount
> which filesystem to use.  (Use something like ``mount -t msdos /dev/fd0a
> /mnt'', I think.)

I've tried mounting it as both ffs and msdos... no dice.

Trying as msdos gives "invalid argument", trying as ffs gives "incorrect
super block".

> I assume/hope that the INSTALL kernel took care of your problems with the
> keyboard, though.  Yes?  One problem down?

Until I can get the floppy mounted, I can't tell.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ Internet: phil@tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95