Subject: Re: make -- error code 1
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/09/2001 22:38:09
On Sun, Sep 9, 2001 8:19 PM, oinkfreebiker@att.net
<mailto:oinkfreebiker@att.net> wrote:
>Okay, I found searched out the missing tarball
>on google.com.
>
>Then I ran this, again...
>
># sh -x list2fetch.sh
>
>...getting the return of prompt without sign of error.
>
>So I ran 'make' and the machine started chugging happily
>away for something over a couple of hours...until it
>stopped, suddenly, and filled the whole screen with...
>
>Stop
>  Error code 1
>*******
>Stop
>  Error code 1

We (and and you) need to see all of the error message.
as root
cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/kde2
sh -E
make  install 2>&1 |cat >build.log &
then watch with
tail -F ./build.log
or if it dies
use tail -n 30 build.log |more
to see what was building when the error occured.
then use tail -n [ lines ] build.log >> some.files

ex.
puma# make

=> Checksum mismatch for esh-0.8.tar.gz.
Make sure the Makefile and checksum file (/usr/pkgsrc/shells/esh/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you want to override this check, type
"make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.
 NetBSD runs on thirty-one  different system  architectures featuring
 twelve distinct families of CPUs.   http://www.netbsd.org/