Subject: Re: Got it installed
To: Phil Reynolds <phil@tinsleyviaduct.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/09/2001 20:24:55
 [I suggest trying a pc0-using kernel, such as the INSTALL kernel]

> > > I will try this...
>
> ... hmmm... it seems I can't mount the floppy! It complains about the
> superblock when I try.

Sounds like it's trying to mount the floppy as an FFS volume.  I assume
that, since you're using a PC, you want to use an MS-DOS filesystem?  If
the floppy disk is already formatted, you should just need to tell mount
which filesystem to use.  (Use something like ``mount -t msdos /dev/fd0a
/mnt'', I think.)

I am, of course, guessing here at what you really wanted.  It would help
if you would be a little more explicit about what you wanted (and say
exactly what command you issued to try to mount the disk).

I assume/hope that the INSTALL kernel took care of your problems with the
keyboard, though.  Yes?  One problem down?