Subject: Re: broken make-fetchlist fixit how-to
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/08/2001 17:21:18

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 oinkfreebiker@att.net wrote:

> Hey gurus,
>
> How'd you like to never have to answer this question ever
> again? Help me out with FULL details, just this once, and
> you won't have to ever again.
>
> I'm writing another newbie how-to. I started out with a
> bit of help from Bruce Andersen. I went a long, writing
> the how-to as best I could while I went (so as to leave
> out no smallest detail).
>
> But I seem to have hit a snag, or perhaps gone astray.
>
> Kindly go visit my (under construction) how-to at this
> url...
>
> http://om-ah-hum.com/share/gus_netbsd_too-big_pkgsrc.html
>
> ...and tell me how to get back on track. I have left a
> not in the color RED at the end of where I got stuck.

I think your trying to be way to clever here - why cant you just:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/kde2
make fetch-list > list-of-files-to-fetch.sh

[wait ages]

sh -x list-of-files-to-fetch.sh

and then re-run 'sh -x list-of-files-to-fetch.sh' when it breaks.

the list-of-files-to-fetch.sh will check to see if a file exists before
fetching it.

Probably the eaisiest way to run it under windows is to install the cygwin
stuff:

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

and use bash instead of sh.

N.B. i havn't tried the above, your mileage may vairy.

- --
When Ted's fixing your computer at a quarter past one, eat your
Whopper  with cheese in his face. He functions better when he's
slightly dizzy from hunger.
[see: http://sysday.tripod.com/time.htm]           [0x2ECA0975]