Subject: Re: Keeping in touch with NetBSD, what is the best ?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/08/2001 02:34:09
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net> writes:

Martin> You may want to check /usr/share/examples/supfiles, which
Martin> contains a basic setup.

Already done but, as i said, these examples are only for current, what
is the tag for the Stable branch (if any ?)

Martin> Check out that part about tracking -current with sup / cvs /
Martin> 'sup into cvs' at the Netbsd page
Martin> [www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-sup-into-cvs,
Martin> which contains information you might not need, as you are used
Martin> to using it with FreeBSD, nonetheless, it doesn't cost you
Martin> much ;)

Nope. I want to use it with NetBSD, not with FreeBSD. I spoke about
FBSD only to give an example of the simplicity of the cvsup method. It
seems it's possible to use cvup with NetBSD but i've found nowhere the
relevant tag for stable branch...

I've tried to use 'sup' replacing 'current' with 'release-1-5' in the
/etc/supfiles/coll.list, something like :

release-1-5 release=allsrc ... [all stuff remains inchanged]

then do a "sup -szv", but the retrieving process is endless (i've
stopped it after an hour or so) even while i've installed the latest
sources today... There's probably something i don't still understand
with cvs :(

Martin> There is a list of available tags (together with explanations)
Martin> available at /usr/doc/README.sup

Argh, i'm not near my NetBSD box, now... I will look at this
tomorrow...

Anyway, thanks for your help,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1303352395 secondes