Subject: Re: [Newbie]X on ttyE4 bright, non-X on ttyE0 dim
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Ammermueller <martin81@bnro.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/07/2001 20:16:30
Am Tuesday, den 04.09.01, schrieb mir Wojciech Puchar :

> > Before startx my screens ttyE0, ttyE1, ttyE2, ttyE3 all
> > normal. After startx, X on ttyE4 is regular, but tty's E0
> > thru E3 all go very, very dim, and stay dim until reboot.
>
> i have the same problem with Mach64GB. looks it's XFree bug.

Same Problem with a Elsa Erazor III (Riva TNT 2) and a self-
compiled X Version (4.0.?) from 1.5.1 Release Sources.

I have a similar problem on my Omnibook 5500CT with a ct65548
graphics card. When I switch from X to a console with an other
resolution than 80x25, the whole screen is messed up (white
screen with black, vertical lines).

snafu
Martin