Subject: newbie Q: kernel modules
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryan@terran.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/06/2001 20:20:22
Hello,

Please pardon a silly newbie question - I ordered NetBSD 1.5 on CD and will
be installing it sometime next week.  Until then, I don't have access to
any NetBSD systems and I've never used it before.

Is it possible to write modular kernel device drivers/network
stacks/filesystems under NetBSD?  If so, are there any good online
resources?  I've scanned through the FAQ's and HOWTO's but haven't hit
anything definitive yet.  I want to hold off reading source code until I
actually have my box up and running. :-)

Thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at terran dot org