Subject: Re: pkg_delete not complete
To: None <oinkfreebiker@att.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/04/2001 09:42:41
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 oinkfreebiker@att.net wrote:

> So it looks like I'm stuck. Am getting very, very
> frustrated with NetBSD. Except for the time already
> invested, I would most likely give up on it. Damn near
> everything I attempt to do is thwarted in some oblique
> (and often seemingly undocumented) fashion. If it weren't
> for the new NetBSD 1.5.2 complete CDROM set from Wasabi
> Systems being due out soon, I swear that I would give up
> on NetBSD.

We're done mething different with the 1.5 binary packages, and it's
not working! The CD is probably going to be a snapshot of what's on
ftp.netbsd.org now, so don't count on the packages being in any better
shape on that. I imagine most users are building their own packages.
Why not unpack "pkgsrc.tar.gz" from the CD, and give that a try?

Frederick