Subject: Re: How to Multi boot window2000 & NetBSD
To: Matt Johnson <mattj@3am-software.com>
From: Bernd Limbach <BeLi@aventa.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/29/2001 06:43:48
Hia!

> I am facing a similar problem. The NetBSD boot selector which I tried to
> install with the installer did not work.

I just installed the NetBSD boot selector yesterday, but with one disk
(wd0). Works really great, even that NetBSD is installed behind 1024
cylinders (@12GB).

> now boot NT (which is on the first disk). However I can only boot NetBSD
> (which is on the second disk) with a diskette. I would like to be able to
> boot NetBSD from a boot loader, such as OSBS. Any suggestions?

I remember something using F5 or F6 to boot from a second drive? I think
someone mentioned this here, but I am not sure about this.

Have a look at xfdisk, http://home.pages.de/~xfdisk which has a nice
bootselector which should be able to boot from the second hard disc. I used
the 0.93alpha version, which was running like a charm, definetly no
problems.

--
MfG, Best regards, Tchau!
GP, BP, YIS                                 Bernd