Subject: installation help
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan Balsley <webbarbarian@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/29/2001 10:41:23
Hi, this is my first time installing netBSD, and I'm encountering a few
problems.

I downloaded the binaries and the two images, as well as made the two
bootable floppies. I begin booting off the floppies, going through the
installation steps with ease. Once my disk has been prepared, I choose the
CD-ROM as the medium I want to use to unpack all my files. And the I use the
default device and directory (cd0 and /i386/binary/sets respectively). When
I first came to this point, I assumed it was asking for disk 1 of the netBSD
images I burned onto a CD. I quickly realized this was incorrect. I then
noticed that the files it wanted were in the binary files I downloaded. So,
I burned the directory i386/binary/sets onto a CD and attempted to use it.
But unfortunately, nothing works. I am prompted that the files do not exist,
when infact they do. I don't believe the problem lies in the cd0 device,
because I can see the CD drive being accessed. Anyone have any ideas that
could help me? Thank you!

Bryan Balsley